The Institute of Ethnology and Folklore with the Ethnographic Museum – BAS inherits the Ethnographic Institute with Museum and the Institute of Folklore, merged in 2010. IEFEM-BAS is the national center for ethnological, folklore and cultural anthropological research. It has rich libraries and archives (field audio, photo and video recordings, ethnographic diaries and descriptions, etc.), and the National Ethnographic Museum, established in 1906, preserves tens of thousands of objects, fully representing the Bulgarian traditional culture. The Ethnographic Museum has over 55,000 exhibits, divided into 13 collections. In the laboratory for conservation and restoration at IEFEM – BAS within the project INFRAMAT we are working on:
- Study of stratigraphy and sanding samples, characterization, solubility and specific analyzes of pigments, dyes, alloys, plasters, etc., determination of fibers and fibers.
- Assessment of the physical and chemical state of ethnographic objects and the reasons for their destruction.
- Development of a strategy for conservation and restoration of museum objects, as well as of outdoor monuments from wood.
- Conservation-restoration intervention.
- Prepare a strategy for preventive conservation of museum objects.
- Preparation of documentation for exhibitions
Name: Assist.Prof. Ph.D.Iglika Mishkova
Tel.: 02 805 26 23